11/28/2010

George Harrison ALL THINGS MUST PASS 40th Anniversary Edition 96/24 HiRes Download

I just can't wait HDTracks will release flac version, I purchased the album from Official site (= Topspin).
Paid by Paypal (same method as BOTR purchase), waiting about 1.5 hours to complete 3.9GB zip file download. I noticed XLD can convert wav to aiff directly, so I did it and import to iTunes.

Zip file contain both mp3 (320kbps) and wav (4608kbps) files as HiRes, but surprisingly, no digital booklet included :(

BTW, I wonder who conducted this release and who's in charge, Olivia?
The background of this release is something obscured... Very different situation compare to BOTR at this point.
Considering George had released 30th anniversary edition in 2001 to make it clearer sound + some previously unreleased tracks, I thought his main aim was to eliminate "The Wall Of Sound" that Phil Specter made for ATMP at that time, so I'm not very sure the reason why to release the original sound version again in vinyl & HiRes.
At least, I believe George himself would never dream of the back of "The Wall Of Sound" again for ATMP in the future.

P.S. surprised limited vinyl edition seems sold out and no CD release, this indicates audiophile goes analog or PC audio, no CDP will be required soon and no real CD shops will be able to survive in the very near future.