11/02/2010

Paul McCartney BAND ON THE RUN High Resolution (Unlimited)


I've been wondering I may buy CD edition, but as a PC audiophile, I decided to buy High Resolution Edition, but I found there're 2 editions, Limited and Unlimited.
Buying both is somehow able to obtain discount, but reading the explanation , I decided to buy unlimited edition only just for saving money.

limited, which is comparable in volume to the remastered CD, and un-limited, which in comparison with the limited version will sound quieter, but retain the dynamic range of the original master recording.

Paid via Paypal and it took nearly an hour (2.8GB, it's slow), zip file contain both mp3 (320kbps) and wav (4608kbps) files as HiRes. I'm not sure why it's not flac, I suppose they should be flac as THE BEATLES USB Remastered did, I complain just because wav can't add cover flow for iTunes anyway.
This is not a serious issue, but  should have been aware before its release.

Remastered Album Tracklist:
1. Band on the Run (5:11)
2. Jet (4:08)
3. Bluebird (3:22)
4. Mrs Vandebilt (4:39)
5. Let Me Roll It (4:49)
6. Mamunia (4:51)
7. No Words (2:35)
8. Picasso’s Last Words (Drink to Me) (5:49)
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five (5:30)

Total Running Time 41:06

Bonus Audio Tracks:
1. Helen Wheels (3:45)
2. Country Dreamer (3:08)
3. Bluebird [from One Hand Clapping] (3:26)
4. Jet [from One Hand Clapping] (3:55)
5. Let Me Roll It [from One Hand Clapping] (4:23)
6. Band on the Run [from One Hand Clapping] (5:13)
7. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five [from One Hand Clapping] (5:57)
8. Country Dreamer [from One Hand Clapping] (2:14)
9. Zoo Gang (1:59)

Total Running Time 34:19

This is the 1st time I can hear tracks from "One Hand Clapping", really nice studio live version, but not know very details. Check the net and found it's recorded as a documentary on August 15th, 1974 @ Abbey Rd. Studio.

Regarding the sound quality, compare to the older release, quite similar to the other Beatles related remaster (Apple records reissues as well) , very clear, base emphasized, very dynamic sound ever, feels like analogue record sound without any noise.
BTW I have DCC version (24 gold plated with nice replica of the poster) of this record, I'll keep it just because I'd like to own this record in my hands, not as a data!

Continue to this post.