10/26/2010

Billy Preston ENCOURAGING WORDS

This is the 1st time I bought this album.
This is 2010 remaster and added one new previously unreleased track "How ong has the train been gone".
Though this is a paper sleeve Jacket, unfortunately, very cheap finish, uncoated paper reminds me US version of vinyl edition long long ago.
I just want to say I don't feel much love with the series of the release of the remastered version of APPLE albums on 2010.
I'll receive more remastered edition and will write something for each album.

Encouraging Words is steeped in exemplary playing and songwriting… and pure funky soul. Produced by George Harrison and Billy together, it is packed with originals and inspired covers, including 'My Sweet Lord' and 'All Things (Must) Pass' — donated by George before he released them himself — and a unique Harrison-Preston songwriting collaboration, the gospel hymn 'Sing One For The Lord'. This is Billy on the launch pad just before he rocketed to U.S. No.2 success with 'Outta Space' for A&M Records.
This Remastered CD includes the two Bonus Tracks from the 1993 release along with ‘How Long Has The Train Been Gone’ which is a previously unreleased track
  • ‘As Long As I’ve Got My Baby’ / originally the planned B-side to the cancelled UK ‘My Sweet Lord’ single, Apple 29
  • ‘All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You)’ / co-written with Doris Troy and Billy’s third Apple single in 1970.
  • ‘How Long Has The Train Been Gone’ / written with Bruce Fisher and later re-recorded for Billy’s 1973 album Everybody Loves Some Kind Of Music
Tracks are as follows;
1.Right Now
2.Little Girl
3.Use What You Got
4.My Sweet Lord
5.Let The Music Play
6.The Same Thing Again
7.I've Got A Feeling
8.Sing One For The Lord
9.When You Are Mine
10.I Don't Want You To Pretend
11.Encouraging Words
12.All Things (Must) Pass
13.You've Been Acting Strange
14.As Long As I Got My Baby (CD Bonus)
15.All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You) (CD Bonus)
16.How Long Has The Train Been Gone (CD Bonus)