9/23/2014

Rumer : Into Colour

Taken from Rumer's newsletter

Into Colour is finally complete.
Hi! I am delighted to announce that “Into Colour” is finally complete! The release date in Japan will be November 5th. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and encouragement and for being on this journey with me. Here is a link to a video teaser for the album.



If you pre order the CD from Amazon.co.uk, you will receive a complimentary digital download upon release.. If you purchase the album through iTunes, you will receive one digital track straight away and two more over the next few weeks. 



1. Intro (Return Of Blackbird)
2. Dangerous
3. Reach Out
4. You Just Don't Know People
5. Baby Come Back To Bed
6. Play Your Guitar
7. Sam
8. Better Place
9. Pizza And Pinball
10. Butterfly
11. I Am Blessed

The Making of Into Colour
After Boys Don’t Cry, around January 2013, I moved to California and rented a hippy cottage in Laurel Canyon for inspiration. I wrote songs with Stephen Bishop, my songwriting idol, sang a duet with Jimmy Webb at McCarthur Park , sat under a tree and listened to P.F Sloan tell stories, and made many pilgramages to listen to Terry Reid play blues long into many a Palm Desert night. When we were choosing the songs for Boys, at the time, I never for a moment thought I would ever get to meet any of those songwriters. In L.A I was lucky enough to hook up with Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick’s long time music director Rob Shirakbari, a composer producer and arranger extraordinaire, who went on to produce and co-write this album with me.

I have been honoured to work with some of the best musicians in the world on this record - including; Paul Pesco, Shawn Pelton, Zev Katz, Porter Carroll and Everett Bradley. These great musicians have featured regularly on the fantastic ‘Live From Daryl’s House’ show. I am so grateful to that show for the opportunity, the friends I made, and for being the first time many of you heard my music.