10/27/2010

DORIS TROY

This is the 2nd time I bought this album as well as Billy's "That's the way". Sound impression is the same as other remaster, but more clear for my ears. Really funky album all the time.

The self-titled Apple album from the legendary Doris Troy, nicknamed ‘Mama Soul’ by her British fans, is an exciting union of R&B, gospel and rock. It showcases four little-known songs that Doris co-wrote with George Harrison, two of which also credit Stephen Stills and Ringo Starr. Other guests include Billy Preston, Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton.
This Remastered CD includes the five Bonus Tracks that appeared on the 1992 CD reissue, plus an additional, previously unreleased, alternative version of ‘All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You)’, written with Billy Preston and issued by Billy as his third Apple single in 1970.
  • ‘All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You)’ / co-written with Billy Preston
  • ‘Get Back’ / Beatles cover version and the B-side to Doris’ second Apple single ‘Jacob’s Ladder’
  • ‘Dearest Darling’ / a Doris original unreleased until 1992
  • ‘What You Will Blues’
  • ‘Vaya Con Dios’ / the B-side to ‘Ain’t That Cute’ in 1970
  • ‘All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You)’ / newly discovered alternative version
Tracks are as follows;
1.Ain't That Cute
2.Special Care
3.Give Me Back My Dynamite
4.You Tore Me Up Inside
5.Games People Play
6.Gonna Get My Baby Back
7.I've Got To Be Strong
8.Hurry
9.So Far
10.Exactly Like You
11.You Give Me Joy Joy
12.Don't Call Me No More
13.Jacob's Ladder
14.All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You) (CD Bonus)
15.Get Back (CD Bonus)
16.Dearest Darling (CD Bonus)
17.What You Will Blues (CD Bonus)
18.Vaya Con Dios (CD Bonus)
19.All That I’ve Got (I’m Gonna Give It To You) (CD Bonus)