12/01/2010

Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Mini



I purchased this when I stayed in NYC this September @ Apple Store Soho.
Price was $299.95 + tax and the reason why I bought this is just because it's a huge bargain price compare to buy it in Japan (depends on currency exchange rate, but nearly the double you have to pay in Japan).
I like the sound with enhanced bass - mid range focused, but found the bottom is bit unstable and need stable (flat) place to install.

According to the official site, I found following 3 features;
1. This one can process iPod data digitally.
2. Flowport @ rear side can produce emphasized bass sound despite the size of speaker like so small.
3. Can use this one as the external speaker for PC/Mac via USB cable.

External DC adapter and equipped with remote control unit.  

If you want to see 360 degree view click here.

The great trial subscription offer of society of sound that B&W provide for registered owner for 3 months (no, it's actually 2 months), you can download unlimited high resolution music data (mainly classic, London Symphonic Orchestra is a popular one).
As I found not much interested music data they provided, I didn't renew the subscription, but I admit £33.95 for a year subscription fee could be a huge bargain for a certain users.