2/12/2011

LUSH LIFE JOHN COLTRANE HiRes 88/24

I haven't hear this album until I purchased this HiRes edition.
Since I didn't like Coltrane much probably because "Love Supreme" and "Ballad" were not my favour, I only like Coltrane's very straight ahead jazz albums like "Blue Train" and "Soultrane" and thought it's enough for me to pursue at that time.
I'm lucky to purchase this one in HiRes edition.
As I have been said, the sound quality of HiRes one is outstanding especially in acoustic sound and it means most of modern jazz albums in HiRes format will be superior than that of CD edition.
Prestige label released SACD edition as a series through 2003 to 2004 and this one is one of them like "RELAIN' WITH THE MILES DAVIS QUINTET" and mastered by Joe Tarantino as well (and not available now neither).